- One 9" Pie crust
- 5 Apples
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg Powder
- 3 Tbsp All-purpose flour
- 3 Tsp butter
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- Thaw the frozen pie crust completely for about an hour.
- In the mean time, mix in 2 Tbsp sugar with the flour, and cut in butter until the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Peel, core and cut apples into thin slices.
- Arrange the pie crust in about 1-inch deep pie dish. Fit it properly inside the dish, and press the edge of the crust over the slanted surface of pie dish.
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F.
- Arrange the apple slices in the pie crust. Sprinkle remaining sugar, cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder over the apples.
- Spread the crumbs over this evenly.
- Put the pie dish in a bigger baking sheet and bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Check with a knife if the pie is done, or bake for few more minutes. Let it cool for one hour and serve.
- The fruits and sugar make the base soggy. To bake the base properly, prick the base of the crust with a fork. Also, I baked the pie at 400F for first 20 minutes, and at 350 for next 20 minutes.
- If you like sprinkle some sugar between layers of apple slices instead of adding all in the end.
- The cinnamon & nutmeg powder give a fragrant aroma to the pie. Vary the quantity according to your taste. Also, add a pinch of cinnamon + nutmeg powder in the crumbs.
- You could use white sugar in this recipe, but I tried it with brown sugar this time and I liked it more.