- 4 tbsp natural or unpolished sesame seeds (til)
- 4 tbsp sugar. If you use jaggery cut it into small pieces with knife
- 1 tbsp ghee or clarified butter
1. Roast sesame seeds on medium flame till it is golden brown in color. Keep it aside and allow it to cool.
2. Grease aluminum foil with ghee.
3. Take ghee in non-stick pan and switch on flame on medium flame till it melts.
4. Add sugar to the melted ghee and stir continuously until the sugar melts.
5. Now put on very low flame and add sesame seeds. Mix well with the melted sugar.
6. Stir it well and then pour mixture on aluminum foil.
7. Grease rolling pin with ghee and then use it roll the mixture. Roll till thin layer of chikki is formed.
8. Allow it to cool for a few minutes, and the chikki is ready.
9. You can make more chikkis and store in an air-tight container so that it does not loose its crispness.